Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

England - Wednesday - HBC 3

HBC closed today. It was great!! The kids had so much fun - which is really what matters. I really hope that we have made a difference in the kids lives. The women who washes Jesus feet lesson did not go well in talk time today, but we had fun singing wonderful songs that remind us of the love of Jesus. So all in all I suppose it still served its purpose.
After lunch the group split up, some went to a nursing home/assisted living facility to visit w/ the residents, while the rest of us stayed behind to do some organizing and cleaning at the church building. Some of the things we found were gross, some disgusting, but many more were amazing. The amount of history represented is phenomenal to me. I worked w/ Les, Mel, Vick, Dan and Bart to get the cabinets finished. Some of the conversations were hysterical - we are all very tired. It was great to have serious conversations w/ a few group members too. It was nice for them to share their observations w/ me - I truly appreciated their kind words.
Wednesday night was church. Phil lead an awesome discussion in which many of the home congregation participated. What a wonderful thing to witness the interaction! The singing was pretty good - one of the older couples from the congregation requested this absolutely great hymn. (I have no idea which one, but it was priceless). It had this really high soprano part - it was great b/c all the American girls stopped singing and looked down the row to our "all star soprano" Tracey. Sadly she figured out we had all dropped out and was a little intimidated, so she backed off, but it was still amazing.
After church Jason (our host dad) was nice enough to take Les and I over to Mark's to use the computer. Sadly it has gotten a virus, so I will truly be out of touch for the entire 10 days I'm gone. Oh well - maybe it is for the better anyway. This way I have no distractions, thankfully.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?