Monday, November 07, 2005

 

England - Tuesday - HBC 2

HBC went much better today as far as talk time is concerned. The rest was about the same. I'm thinking of re-writing tomorrow's talk time to be a more interactive story like today's - the kids really got into all the sounds and animation. We told the story of Gideon using actions, motions, and sound effects such as "flap, flap" for the angel and "squelch, squelch" for winepress. It was really cool to watch the kids get into it.
I took some time right after lunch today to go out alone - well nearly alone-Mel came w/ me. But since we live together and are pretty much used to sharing our quiet time it wasn't a big deal. I had to go change more cash and was in need of fizzy water - my new favorite drink. It's like seltzer water BUT so much better. It is less carbonated so it is smoother, if that makes any sense at all.
Tonight we spent w/ the Young Adults. It was great. They are very much a group of observers so it was interesting to listen to some of them come out of their shells a bit. I hope that we are making some difference in their lives w/o imposing too much of our own thoughts. This is actually a topic Bart and I spent some time discussing tonight. The singing has been WONDERFUL - much better than I thought it would be. I was worried before we left, to be honest, but it continuous to improve.
We also visited Bradgate Park - home of Lady Jane Grey. We took some pictures, it was so very English. Dark, overcast sky, brisk wind, and just a dull day. It was wonderful. I could very much move to this country. We also visited an abbey today. We all took some great pictures, so I'm very excited to get home and get them back.
On a personal note: I've been dealing w/ a lot of different things in my personal life and it is getting harder and harder to keep my emotions in check while I'm here. I'm having to fight back tears more often than I'd like, and my stress level has started to show to other members of the group. I have to constantly remind myself that I must keep it together - we are NOT here for ourselves, but for the wonderful members of this congregation. I hope I can keep it together for the remainder of the week.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?