Tuesday, November 08, 2005

 

England - Thursday - Chadsworth

Chadsworth is BEAUTIFUL!! The house is full of all kinds of history (British of course). It is so ornate - I love it. I can't imagine living during a time when things were that big and extravagant. The art work is amazing inside the house. It is someplace you could come and go through several times to read and learn everything. We had lunch at the stables restaurant - it was so good. I had a scone w/ clotted cream for the first time and I even put jam on it. It was amazingly delightful.
We all spent the afternoon going through the gardens. I spent a majority of the day w/ Mel and Bart - it was great. I took some great pictures of flowers - I can't wait to see how they turn out. I love my new camera. I'm very, very, very glad I spent the money to get it.
After Chadworth we went back to L'boro church and had some quiet time. I went down to the store to get water and coke and came back. The group had decided we should have fish & chips for dinner, so they kindly ordered chicken for me. I do love my group - they are so caring and considerate. They couldn't get it boneless, so I had to pull the meat off the bone. I did OK except it took me forever b/c I got really queasy a few times and had to walk away. We were eating in the back room of the church and Kinsey was having a rough evening (she's four after all). She got a bit better and wanted chicken, but I had finished mine, so Mel passed her remaining chicken to Sheryl, sadly she ended up showing me all the bones on the under side. I immediately went pale and started getting sick. I ended up getting sick and pretty much parted w/ most of my dinner. It was OK, even comical, except it made me cry - which I hate.
I came back to dinner and tried to finish my chips (French fries), just so I'd have something in my stomach. Then did the dishes until Bart started making fun of me - so I let him finish the dishes.
We had a game night w/ the young adults. It was great, but I was exhausted and all I wanted to do is go to bed. I tried to be engaged, but it was very difficult. We finally left for home around 10:30p. Paul took us home and it was wonderful to spend that quiet time w/ him and his girls. They are a wild bunch for sure. Les and I laughed and talked w/ them the whole time. I will truly miss this part of the trip - just spending the time w/ the members of the congregation. When Les and I arrived home both Jason and Debbie were still awake to thank us for the books we had gotten for the kids. Both kids really liked them. We talked about Chadsworth and then how excited we were about London. We didn't get to bed until nearly 2 am and tomorrow we have to be AT the train station at 7ish. It's going to be a long day tomorrow!!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?