Wednesday, November 02, 2005

 

England - Sunday

Eleven and a half hours of sleep - Praise the Lord!!! I would have gotten more, but it was extremely necessary to shower prior to church - two days of travel funk washed away. Bless running water. Les and I are staying together w/ Jason & Debbie Hill and their two children Calum and Loren. They are really sweet and have opened their home and lives to us both. The kids are adorable and were very excited when we arrived last night.
Church was a million miles away from Otter Creek. It reminded me of attending church w/ my grandmother in small town Middle Tennesse, except that Bart was doing the song leading. Following service we had a potluck fellowship luncheon. This congregation can cook - that is all I have to say. After lunch we spent the day preparing for Holiday Bible Club (Vacation Bible School). I painted the "time shed door" and helped w/ the back drop. It was good.
We had evening service and then went home w/ our respective hosts for another good night of sleep.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?