Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

England - Sunday - Travel Home

Sunday we took three cabs from the hotel to the airport. I got a little carsick on the way and nearly puked everywhere. After arriving at the airport we made it through check in and had time to wait and do some final shopping. I picked up some chocolate for my family. Heathrow is a really nice airport. The flight coming home was FOREVER - probably because we were trying to stay awake, but still - it seemed to take a million years. We landed in Chicago, got through customs (which was an experience, but nothing like getting into London), and then had time to wait again.
Our flight weighed too much so some of us volunteered to stay behind, we all made it on except Bart. Don't worry, he was compensated very nicely from the airline. The big joke was that Michelle's luggage took Bart's place on the way home. I had the chance to sit and visit w/ Dan on the flight back to Nashville. It was great. I really value the new friends I have b/c of this trip. It is wonderful. Mel's parents met me at the airport w/ my keys along w/ some of our friends from church. That was great to come home to a welcoming committee so to speak.
I feel so blessed to have had this opportunity and I thank God he provided for us all while we were there. The people of the L'boro congregation will always hold a special place in my heart as will all my England Teammates.

Comments:
I thought you looked a liitle green up there
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?