Wednesday, November 09, 2005

 

England - Saturday - London

Sleeping in was wonderful - my body very much needed it. I slept until 9:30 and then got ready and headed over to Portobello Rd w/ LB for some market shopping. It was great, not just becuase its from one of my all time favorite movies (Bedknobs & Broomsticks) either, but mainly becuase it was fun to look at all the different little shops. LB & I ran into Vick, did a little more shopping and then headed for the London Eye.
The London Eye (a giant ferris wheel basically) was AMAZING!! You can see so many things. It was a really good day to go, even though it was a bit overcast, you could still see quite a bit.
I spent the afternoon w/ one of my teammates - shopping, sightseeing, eating lunch, and just hanging out. It was great - I'm very glad that we were able to spend that time alone to get to know one another better. It was a very pleasureable afternoon. My one saddness for the afternoon was that I never made it to LUSH - the bath store. It is really cool, but that just means I have to come back to London again sometime. We ended our afternoon w/ a walk through Hyde Park and ran across some Englishmen playing football (soccer). I stopped, sat under a tree, and watched for a good long while. I got some amazing pics. It was great. We went back towards the hotel and split to do some chessy soveinour shopping. This afternoon will probably be one of my favorite memories from the entire trip.
So much happened Saturday night, I had some very much needed conversations w/ people on the trip and really started processing through some of the gloomy feelings that have been w/ me the whole time. I think these conversations will be a new starting point for me. We'll see what happens when we get home. I've got to change some things in my life that is for sure - starting w/ making me a priority.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?