Monday, July 25, 2005

 

60+ hours a week

Wow - I love money!!!! Actually I hate the fact that my life right now is pretty much ruled by money. I have bills to pay, money to raise for England, an attempted social life (which requires money), and school books to purchase. Money is so much FUN!!! So in an effort to increase the amount of green in my wallet and hopefully pad by bank account (for the first time in a very long time) I will be taking a second job.

The good news about my job is it is very close to my apartment, so when I'm pushing exhaustion I don't have to worry about driving across town. I'm working at an Arts and Crafts supply place, so I at least know what I'm dealing with. The manager who I will be working under seems very energetic and fun - so hopefully it will add up to a good experience.

One semester in college I worked 4 different jobs, took a full load of courses, and still had some semblence of a life. I don't EVER want to do that again. Hopefully this will be a short lived stint, until I get caught up and then get ahead. This job will provide me my spending money for England I hope. The pay isn't great, but I've had worse. I just hope the people are OK - co-workers can make any work experience awful - no matter how great the job/company.

Wish me luck on my new adventure. FYI - this means to those of you I'm close to - I will probably be dropping off the radar for awhile. I will resurface - I promise.

Comments:
In my Jr year of college, amazingly, I did the best Winter Quarter when I was taking 17 hours of courses, working at JCPenney part-time, and still maintaining the social life I'd become well accustomed to. Score one for time management!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?