Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

Just had to join in...

I have several friends that have introduced me to the world of blogging. I'm normally not a follower, but this seems worthwhile, so I will follow. Lead me on, oh wise ones that have gone before me.

Ok enough of that. I suppose I will explain the title of my blog "Southern Ramblings." It seems the more I travel, the more my southern accent comes out and the more I realize how many sayings are simply indigenous to the South. A prime example is the phrase, "Well, I do declare..." usually said immediately following shocking or surprising news. I mean really - what is the other person declaring? Possibly shock at the statement you have just revealed? Oh well - it is not as if I will suddenly changes centuries of sayings, just because I question them.

I will try to periodically update w/ southern sayings and my thoughts on them. However, there will probably not be a daily posting.

Comments:
Woo hoo! Welcome! Just to warn you, this can turn into a serious addiction. Have fun!
 
Ha! No daily posting? We'll see about that when the first thing you do every day when you get home is check umpteen blogs to see if anything is new. Not that I would ever do that...I'm just saying...
 
How about "Bless his/her heart"? When you're really trying to say, "That idiot."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?